Sunday, February 19, 2012

...“Look for the Best in Everyone”...




We Tend to Forget Inspirational Moments
I think it is important to acknowledge that there are many things out there in the world that inspire us. However, I have come to a realization lately...That too often, we allow these ‘things’ to 'wow' us for a fraction of a second and then put them behind us and pretend they never happened.

 I know in my case, I am repeatedly inspired by my surroundings but I guess being the forgetful person I am, I tend to enjoy the specific moments of the incidents that move me and then get caught up with life and forget to reflect on how I was touched.

So I've made a decision to document everything I find inspiring from now on. Who knows, I may be reminding someone who has reached 'rock bottom' of something that motivated them once-upon-a-time. 



Different Forms of Motivation
These 'motivational thrusts' I am referring to, come from the simplest; gestures, words, readings, encounters, etc. I will start my series with a lesson from the book “The Last Lecture – By Randy Pausch".

Randy shares many important life lessons in this book (which he wrote based on a ‘Last Lecture’ he gave to 400+ people reflecting on his life and compressing lifelong lessons for his children in to a one hour lecture, given that he was diagnosed with terminal cancer and only had a few months to live).

One of The Sections That Inspired Me The Most

 “Look for the Best in Everybody”
He basically says that, granted, some people irritate us and some people seem mean or obnoxious but truth of the matter is, everyone has a good side. You just have to patiently wait for it to be revealed. The time for this to occur will change from one person to another, but at the end of the day, waiting on that revelation will show you ‘The Best in Everybody”. 

No comments:

Post a Comment